Monday 3 December 2018

K&P Memories of Robert Curry

Views of the Kingston & Pembroke/CPR in steam days are much easier to come by than the diesel era. Two books have profiled the line. But to see personal photos is a real treat.

On the Old Time Trains website, memories shared by Robert Curry give us several new views from 1953. The above photo is dated August 22, 1953 and is taken along the waterfront at what looks like the Canadian Locmotive Co. trackage, or more likely the foot of Brock Street.

For the full series of photos, click here

4 comments:

  1. Eric, loving the new blog. Making me anxious to both re-start my own basement layout, and to spend some more time in Kingston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words about this Hanley Spur blog. I recommend you do both those things!

    This blog and I are both in the inspiration business!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eric How would I find a copy of the book by the Amherstview history about Kingston railway history? Thanks Mike Galt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mean Gordon Smithson's 'At the Bend in the Road', Mike?
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.