Thursday 30 December 2021

Season's Readings!

City truck 356 collecting Christmas trees Jan. 5, 1966 - Queen's University Archives photo

As the Christmas trees start to come down, I rejoiced when I received several messages from satisfied readers of one, or both, of my books on Kingston's waterfront. It was nice to hear from those who gave as well as those who received! Thanks to all of you for your support! 

If you have Christmas money burning a hole in your pocket, Novel Idea Bookstore on Princess Street, and your humble blogger, both have copies of both books still available. 

All the best for 2022! 
--Eric

"Dear Mr Gagnon, I just wanted to say thank you for writing both Smoke on the Waterfront and Stories on the WaterfrontMy wife got them for me for Christmas.  I have read them cover to cover! I love the history of our great city!" - P.

Merry Christmas, Eric. I was lucky enough to be gifted both of your books." - S.S.

"I just wanted to let you know my husband was very excited to receive your books.   It is the gift he has spent the most time with so far.  Thank you so much." - G.

"Thanks again for your 2 books. We are enjoying them & I especially like the early photos of you at the train station." - D&K

"The books were a hit. Dad will be in touch." - H.

"I received your book by mail so promptly, and gifted it to my Dad for Christmas. He was so happy to get it, and is having much enjoyment reading and reminiscing. Of course I had a quick glance through the photos before I wrapped it, and now I am looking forward to having a thorough read and discussion with him. Thank you for the memories of our time in Kingston and the perfect gift!" -S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.