Friday 28 February 2020

Cataraqui Street Crossing Views

First there was the woolen mill, then the Bailey broom factory, and finally the National Grocers warehouse. Since I've added all three signature buildings (no room for the setback Rosen Fuels operation, but stay tuned) along Cataraqui Street, I can complete the scene. I have two railways' tracks in the scene, CN closest to the aisle and CP closest to the backdrop. At right foreground is the National Grocers spur stopblock. Here's an updated view along the CP:
The road is grey cardstock. The backdrop is a calendar photo, with scenery and roadside poles bridging the gap, crossing timbers and clay comprising the crossing. Total depth of the scene is 2 feet.
CN 3120, my Rapido Trains RS-18 is heading downtown at the crossing.
Compare the model view (above) to the prototype (below) in this City of Kingston photo taken in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.