Sunday 29 March 2020

We're Going to Build a Fence!

After finding a photo of a lettered, advertising wooden fence along Rideau Street, bordering Anglin's oil, coal and wood operations on the Inner Harbour, I thought I would paint a similar fence on the layout. Though Anglin's lumber and oil operations are both served by CP on the layout, they're separated by the CN line, therefore easy to divide and conquer. We're going to build a fence!
First I painted on the letters in grey, then outlined them in tan, using Central Valley fence kits. I placed them bordering the bulk fuel plant - this is on a secret (and entirely non-prototypical) second track under the River Street bridge. That's the 'Davis tannery' backdrop - actually a photo I took while riding the Union Pearson Express in Toronto! The CN is in foreground:
A view from the Imperial Oil spur switch on CN, with the local section men thinking about cutting back those weeds I placed in front of the fence!
Pulling back the focus a bit, here's the fence and area shown in other photos, with KIMCO's scrap yard on Rideau Street in foreground:
 And a concluding view from atop the River Street bridge!
And a caboose hop coming down the spur past the fence:

3 comments:

  1. The scrap yard looks awesome - such a great way to use up "scrap"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the fence is awesome too - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Brian. It is a real, working scrap yard. Working on a project, I drop the bits into the yard. Then, when I need to load a car, I just pluck some scrap out and dump it in the car.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.