Sunday 1 January 2023

The Same Year, A New Year

Time stands still on my HO-scale Hanley Spur. It's always sunny, it's always summer, it's always 1970. But that doesn't mean that things aren't changing, because it's actually 2023 and I'm always re-creating this little world!

Learning that the Rose Parade actually takes place on Monday when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday, I was ensconced but not entertained. Having just viewed some 3D-printed pricey items online, I wondered if I could build something on my own. I looked through my graphics file and found a neat ice sign. Having just put in place my dollar-store Cochrane's Grocery, it was a natural fit and out came the parts box.

Styrene was my friend, and that sign was soon glued on, and the ice dispenser placed on the sidewalk near a couple of seniors!
I can't say that I can keep up this torrid pace of modelling something every day, but today's little project sure helped to add a sense of place on this streetcorner in 1970\'s Kingston. (Oh, I also got some billboards built.)

*I have to confess I did zero research on 1970's ice dispensers nor even Kingston companies engaged in that trade at that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.