Friday 5 August 2022

Modelling an Ex-Industry

Have you heard of a deconstructed pie? It's made so the crust is not necessarily where you'd find it - in fact, it may top the pie filling! That's what was on my mind as I demolished this local industry as I built it! Wanting to fill this yawningly large space - formerly a Montreal Street scene but now between th Outer Station and tannery, I'm moving the Outer Station, the CN telegraph repeater station, CN Express and now an ex-industry to make effective use of the space:
Close-up of the planning process in action!
A shopping list of what might have graced the newly-available real estate:
Besides pie, I was thinking of K-D Manufacturing, a Montreal Street industry that remains as a weedgrown field of foundations. I decided to model a former industry, one that had long since left. I needed a foundation, and found a neat graphic while searching online:
I assembled the elements, gluing the two graphics to a piece of foamcore.
I cut out some pieces, intending to make a three-dimensional effect. I painted the edges of the foamcore, and glued the cutouts and the whole foamcore piece to a piece of thin styrene:
Here's that three-dimensional effect of broken concrete, along with some residual walls taking shape:
I added some girders and wall remnants to the foundation, along with assembling some details:
Details added:
On the layout, now to scenick it into the scene!
Oriented and scenicked in:
Changes are coming to the Outer Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.