Monday 13 November 2023

What the Car Checker Saw


During one of my one-hour after-supper layout sessions on my Kingston's Hanley Spur HO scale layout, I decided to do some iPhone photography. Some nights I'm operating trains, some nights I'm tidying up and organizing materials, some nights I'm working on a project. This night it was photography! 

I imagined myself as a CN or CP car checker visiting customers to see which cars they had on hand on their industrial spurs. These are actual cars that I spotted there during recent operating sessions: CP switcher from Smiths Falls or CN switcher from the Outer Station. Totally unposed, totally unedited, and most importantly I hope, totally believable!
Algoma Steel to C.E. MacPherson
Oil to Queen City Oil Co.

Missouri Pacific 'buzzsaw' bringing equipment to Canadian Dredge & Dock

Somebody's moving - personal effects at MacCosham Van Lines

Garments being loaded at the Woolen Mill

Perishable express shipment at CN Express

Ready for a load of scrap metal at I. Cohen

Flour to Weston's Bakeries

Another load of tiles from Frontenac Floor & Wall Tile

Gondola load for Presland Steel

Weldwood lumber load

Produce for Quattrocchi's

Ice reefer at the CN Freight house

1 comment:

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.