Wednesday 29 November 2023

One Book Down, One To Go

 

I'm proud to say that my last copies of Smoke on the Waterfront and all but 10 copies of Stories on the Waterfront are sold out. My goal throughout the publication and sale process has been to give back to Queen's University Archives Digitization Fund (described above) $1 per copy of both my books sold. Having just made my final gift to Queen's,  I'm very fortunate to have been able to make this small gesture to say 'thank you'. The Archives have provided innumerable vital resources for book creators, historians, researchers, archivists and just plain citizens, like me!

I'd also like to acknowledge Oscar and Nicola at Novel Idea Bookstore for their equally vital support of my efforts and those of other local book creators. Thank you! Nearly half of the total copies of both books passed through Novel Idea's bookshelves on their way to the hands of readers.

The past three years of research and publishing have led me to so many rewarding and unexpected directions and connections and even some introspection! I have learned a lot about my adopted home city and continue to share what I've learned with others. Most recently, an invitation to make a presentation to the Kingston Historical Society this spring! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.