Friday 25 March 2022

The Skeleton Press Article

In December, 2021 I published a post about my engaging interview with Lawrence Scanlan for an upcoming issue of the Skeleton Park Arts Festival's The Skeleton Press. The Spring, 2022 issue includes Lawrence's article on my 'passion project'. Here's the cover:
The local newspaper not only encourages local content and distribution at several sites (below) but also sharing of each issue with others. Its thought-provoking content, fresh look, lack of full-page ads and diverse editorial stance makes it a departure from the remnants of the Kingston Whig-Standard, which previously had all those attributes. Publisher Michael Davies, who recently left us, would be proud of thoughtful contributors like Lawrence, graphic designer Vince Perez and Professor Laura Murray, all of whom I've been pleased to get to know as part of my book-creating, blogging, model-building, train-running sojourn through history!
Here's an image of the article (below), but I highly recommend reading the whole issue. It's available online at this pdf link.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.