Monday 25 May 2020

Muddle in the Middle of Montreal Street

I have a corner of my anatomically-incorrect Hanley Spur layout that will be a little bit of Division Street and a little bit of Montreal Street. And Railway Street and Rideau Street? So I'm attempting for represent some more signature industries. This fine Don Helsby 1986 aerial view from Cataraqui Street, up Rideau to the Outer Station shows some of them:
 I zoomed in on some industries - C.E.Macpherson on Rideau just before Montreal Street:
 Rosen Fuels, scrap yard(!) on Cataraqui Street and woolen mill:
I'd like to include Gus Marker Cement and K-D in this corner. I have some previous ready-mix cement plant structures I can incorporate.


K-D had characteristically rounded rooflines:
From a 1937 city directory:
Speaking of Montreal Street, Andre Gerow shared these aerial views of the Montreal Street-CN subway. Mid-60's to 70's with the zig-zag subway under the CN Kingston Sub::
 And after the realignment of the Kingston Sub, no longer a bendy road:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.