Thursday 4 January 2024

Kingston Inner Harbour Sediment Management Project


This blog is not one to promote a particular political or even environmental viewpoint. I don't profess to know enough about such issues to blog about them. However, I have learned a lot about Kingston's waterfront industrial history, and that includes the Inner Harbour upstream from the Lasalle Causeway. 

Just today I learned that the Kingston Inner Harbour Sediment Management Project website is live, and I spent some time looking at the information and materials presented there. I've heard pros and cons about remediating, stabilizing and even dredging the Inner Harbour after years of heavy industrial impact. 


I would commend this information on the website to anyone with a sincere interest in discussing what's best for our city's future. We are in the early stages of discussing this issue I believe being informed is the first step, and this website is an early marker in the discussion. Several narrated slide decks, Q&A and other information sets are presented for public viewing. Sample slides:
Informative slides showing effluent that for many decades seeped into the harbour from tanneries and other industrial applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.