Friday 15 October 2021

When Kingstonist Calls


Back in August, I got a message from Tori Stafford, Editor at Kingstonist.com, Kingston's premiere online news source. Tori was interested in profiling my work on the Hanley Spur layout. It took a little while, with various intervening events, but Tori got me in touch this past Wednesday with Kingstonist journalist Terry Bursey. After a short and enjoyable phone interview with Terry, and supplying some photos, this nice online news article was the result. Click here to read the article.

My family has subscribed to the Kingston Whig-Standard for decades, and when I look back through my files, it's clearly evident that its local coverage is a shadow of its former self. Online sources like the Kingstonist have effectively filled that vacuum!

2 comments:

  1. Nice portrayal of your mission in the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric,

    I'm also very happy with Kingstonist sharing what I've been up to. Many folks have said they'd like to visit the layout as a result of this piece. It took a while to bring my modelling 'home' but I'm glad I did!

    Thanks for your comment,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.