Thursday 20 May 2021

Companion Volume at the Printer!

 
It's time for another trip to the printer! Since December, I've been curating stories, memories and photos of life around Kingston harbour. The main streets and sidestreets, sidings and spurs, docks and piers- all within a block or so of the water.

While my first book Smoke on the Waterfront led readers through the little-known history and seldom-seen locations of waterfront transportation and industrial activity, this companion volume seeks to breathe some life into those dry bones. In order to do so, I've collected interesting reminiscences - from many viewpoints - of what life was like in those same places. 

Its working title is Stories on the Waterfront - A Curated Collection of Memories and Photos of Kingston Harbour. This second book will include even more photographs, thanks to the amazing holdings of the Queen's University Archives.

Watch for further updates as Allan Graphics works their graphic design magic over the next little while!

2 comments:

  1. this begs the next question,.... When might this fine work be anticipated to be in distribution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is...what will it look like when I see it next? I expect graphic design to take 2-3 weeks.

    Thanks for your interest and comment, Mike!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.