Tuesday 16 March 2021

Another Anglin Coal Truck

 

Many elements of a scene give it a sense of place. One of these elements is prototypical vehicles. In an earlier post, I added to the S. Anglin coal delivery truck fleet.                   

Here's the real thing, delivering to the Royal Bank in 1966:                              
Here's my model, stopped along Rideau Street:
Here's the After and the Before: Released in 1966, the Matchbox No.48 red Dodge tandem dumptruck I started with is at right. I hacksawed off the lip of the box over the cab, and the slanted back of the dumpbox. I removed the dual axles and added a replacement with dual tires. Then it was time to paint the cab red and the box yellow. Printed lettering and logo were cut to fit in the spaces in the dumpbox side supports. The box had a tailgate added, then was painted with dilute black craft paint for the prototypical weathering that dirty coal would provide:
But this truck was meant to work! About to make a delivery on Wellington Street - once an everyday occurrence downtown:
Then it was time to return to the S.Anglin yard to pick up another load!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.