Tuesday 16 April 2019

CP Wayfreight at Cataraqui St.

During an earlier run down CP's waterfront trackage on my HO scale home layout, one area that I didn't photograph the wayfreight at was the Cataraqui Street area. Granted, Cataraqui Street hasn't really been 'paved' yet, but I took the opportunity to place my point-and-shoot camera down at track level to record the scene for posterity. Let's go B&W!
Looking towards the lake, my National Grocers is at left, with the Woolen Mill behind the train at right (above). Looking back north, here's the opposite view, with Cataraqui Street to be added in the foreground:
Looking towards the lake again, we're slightly closer to the Santa Fe ice reefer spotted at National Grocers:
Now an overhead view, showing the same scene from a different vantage point. Interesting that a balsa-wood loading platform handcrafted by my Dad has found a home on my layout! While the prototype National Grocers building was not curved, this structure was formerly part of the Ogilvie Flour Mill on my Winnipeg layout, also serving in my Vancouver and Vermont locales!
Cars on the train are scrap from Cohen's, coal for Macpherson's, a non-flour covered hopper of flour (!) for Weston's, two Chessie cement cars for Gus Marker, and steel for Presland ahead of the van. Taken from the roof of National Grocers, the script-lettered van is just under the River Street bridge! Now, time to get that train in motion, switch the customers and head back to Smiths Falls!

1 comment:

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.