Friday 29 March 2019

Logo for the Layout



I don't really need a logo for the layout. There are no documents, no cars to letter or signs to make. But I have two dollar-store pen-holders on my control stand, and they still have a Rutland-inspired Green Mountain Lines paper logo on them. So they had to go! Feast your eyes on graphics guru and fellow modeller Randy O'Brien's rendition of a CN wafer-inspired logo (top). Here are some of my rudimentary attempts using Microsoft Paint:
Tilted with olive-green background:
The prototype Hanley Spur involved CN and CP trackage, I was initially inspired by CNR's wafer logo. Derek Pittman's logo for his Cobo in HO under-construction layout resembles it.  Here's my homage to the CPR stacked lettering, using some good old limestone grey lettering! Maybe there is room for more than one logo...
Here is Randy's untilted wafer:
and tilted. I really like having the word 'Kingston' in Randy's logo (top) because it really adds a sense of place for my layout.
Check out this passenger-car logo Randy created:
Randy included the words in CP's iconic beaver-shield logo in some versions:

And this one is very good. It incorporates Kingston's Hanley Spur lettering, the beaver and the CN shield!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.