Tuesday 4 April 2023

Zooming in on the Hanley Spur

An enjoyable part of this Hanley Spur journey has been sharing my research and modelling with fellow enthusiasts across Canada. Each presentation is a unique PowerPoint slide deck of 60-90 slides, tailored to the wants and interests of each group. Here's a list of the ZOOM remote presentations I've been invited to present:
  • Associated Railroaders of Kingston - November, 2020 (bottom photo)
  • Toronto Railway Supper Club - February, 2021
  • Winnipeg Slide Night - April, 2021
  • Canadian Association of Railway Modellers - January, 2023 (two dates)
  • National Model Railroad Association, St Lawrence Division - March, 2023
  • Railway Modellers Meet of British Columbia -  May, 2023 (below)
  • Ottawa Valley Associated Railroaders - June, 2023 (belower)
The Virtual RMMBC Prologue clinic presenters are posted on RMMBC website. Here's my blurb, with the title being a take-off on Rock! Paper! Scissors! perhaps suggesting that my layout development was a game of chance, or better yet, a stroke of luck!
I'm pleased to report that 80 Zoomers took in the RMMBC presentation, leaving some good comments and posing several questions. Here is my favourite, from long-time BC heritage consultant, author and photographer Robert D. Turner: 

Coming events in the OVAR March newsletter (below)
A typical Zoom audience, with local, regional or even national participants.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.