Tuesday 27 July 2021

My New Book - Stories on the Waterfront!

Now Available, hot off the summer press!
Stories on the Waterfront is a companion volume to Smoke on the Waterfront, my first book on Kingston history, published last November. As the title says, it's a curated collection of memories and photos of Kingston Harbour. At 70 pages, this second book has 50 more photos and it's professionally-printed by Kingston's own Allan Graphics! It's full of interesting stories from a variety of eras that complement the dates, facts and archival photos in Smoke. It was fun making the before-and-after 'Dear Photograph' themed cover (top photo). I've included a sample page, below.

*** Ready to order now? Full ordering information here: Books by Eric Gagnon ***
NOVEMBER UPDATE - 'Stories' is now available at Novel Idea Bookstore, 156 Princess St.

Within a month of publishing Smoke, I knew there'd be another book. There were just too many engaging stories circulating online that were captured and preserved...nowhere - social media is a wasteland of archival usefulness. I also wanted to share more of the photos that the Queen's University Archives has in its collection. I'm grateful to Queen's for allowing this sharing, and I donate $1 from each copy sold to the Archives to assist in their valuable preservation efforts.


The book price of $35 includes free Canada Post shipping anywhere in Canada. 

For full ordering information for all eight of my books, please check out my new 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.