Sunday 31 May 2020

Aerial View of Outer Station - Prototype vs. Model

Now that I've added several key structures to my Outer Station area, I decided to compare my layout with the prototype. If it is not anatomically correct, I wanted to assess whether I was at least incorporating these structures that 'make' the scene?
To do so, I stood on a chair, camera in hand, producing a composite photo of that two-foot-wide section of the layout turning it into black & white. I labelled a similar black & white 1970 aerial view from the Snapshot Kingston page with letters to represent the following that you might compare and contrast:
  • Outer Station (A)
  • CN Express (B)
  • MoW garage (C)
  • CN Telegraph repeater station (D)
  • Montreal Street (E)
  • Hanley Spur trackage (F)
  • Presland Steel/station area industry (G)
  • and the Yard 
  • Based on the space constraints I face, I'm not representing the exact layout, but at least I've been able to incorporate the important elements. It's unlikely I'll include the stock pens or Cassidy Street houses, but I am working now on the background of the Kingston Sub trackage to the east of Montreal Street. Watch for an upcoming post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.