Thursday 2 April 2020

Rosen Fuels signs and modelling

"Don't wait until you're half frozen - Buy your fuel from Harry Rosen" was a slogan commonly seen on advertising and fuel trucks in Kingston. I recently found some very interesting material that seems to have been part of a commemoration not only of Rosen Fuels but also printing newspaper ads? A cornucopia of images:
I've needed a sign directing customers to Rosen from Cataraqui Street to fill a bit of a vacant space on the layout. I liked the Self-Serve Coal sign and made my own version using Microsoft Paint:
Now in place:


I hope to model some local fuel trucks. This is a fine example of a Rosen truck (above). The view from Cataraqui Street:
Rosen trucks were even seen on the Wolfe Islander ferry!
1951 Rosen Fuel Supply ad:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.