Monday 21 October 2019

Layout Fascia - Coals to Newcastle?

Or more precisely, limestone to Kingston? Not content with my brown Masonite Hanley Spur layout fascia, a recent trip to Dollarama found me in the home decor aisle. Looking me straight in the eye were these faux wood wall stickers (see package below). To my Kingston eye, they looked like limestone more than faux wood!
Picking up three packages, each with eight two-foot stickers, four inches wide, I was peeling and sticking up a storm! The exact width that my father-in-law had 'ripped' these fascia boards for me! The pattern matches, and there are different patterns in different packages. (There are also wood-grain and various patterns, too!)
Looking up-close at the Outer Station, the sticker leads the eye to the limestone-paper station building and the light blue walls. And if I don't like it, the stickers are easy to un-peel and un-stick! Dollar Tree lettering added later:
Here's what to look for if you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.