Sunday 17 February 2019

Canadian Dredge & Dock, 1980's

In the spring of 1980, my Dad and I were driving around the waterfront. Seeing some Canadian Coast Guard vessels under construction, out came the Instamatic! The Gull Isle and Cove Isle were 80-ton tugs. This photo looks north. The large crane is the one of the only remnants still on the site!
Helen McAllister, registered in Montreal. Note the bulk oil tanks and that intriguing large-bore pipe in the foreground, skirting the shore:
 I bet Work Boat No. 11 could tell some stories!
 CCGS Spray and Spindrift were here for refurbishing in mid-1979.


In November, 1980 the CD&D tug Bagotville was in the drydock on another of our visits:

 CD&D tug G. W. Rogers:
The dredge Primrose on a peaceful morning:
 ...and from a distance...
Then the dredge Primrose had a misadventure:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Got a comment about the Hanley Spur? Please sign your first name so I can respond better.